This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: how to access and display apps that I've launched
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: Ian Lambert <ian dot lambert_42 at yahoo dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 15:51:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: how to access and display apps that I've launched
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 7/24/2017 12:08 PM, Ian Lambert wrote:
On Sun, 7/23/17, Ken Brown <> wrote:
Yes, there was a change about
two years ago. I suspect you have a
.startxwinrc that uses fbpanel instead of
I have a relatively new install, since pi day 2017, and no .startxwinrc.
I had something similar Thursday 7/20/17 afternoon, after running updates
for Windows security, and Cygwin.
Mike's description of his problem suggests that he was using fbpanel.
He refers to an icon at the top middle of the screen, not the
xwin-xdg-icon in the notification area. Your description is different,
and at least one of your error messages (gedit 8876
child_info_fork::abort:...) sounds like a rebase issue.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple