Re: how to access and display apps that I've launched

On 7/24/2017 12:08 PM, Ian Lambert wrote:
On Sun, 7/23/17, Ken Brown <> wrote:
  Yes, there was a change about
  two years ago.  I suspect you have a
  .startxwinrc that uses fbpanel instead of
  xwin-xdg-menu.  See
https://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2015-07/msg00013.html Ken,

I have a relatively new install, since pi day 2017, and no .startxwinrc.

I had something similar Thursday 7/20/17 afternoon, after running updates
for Windows security, and Cygwin.

Mike's description of his problem suggests that he was using fbpanel. He refers to an icon at the top middle of the screen, not the xwin-xdg-icon in the notification area. Your description is different, and at least one of your error messages (gedit 8876 child_info_fork::abort:...) sounds like a rebase issue.

Ken