This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.3-3
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 11:39:10 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.3-3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 09:54:59, Eric Blake wrote:
> LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH DIAERESIS' (U+00F6):
> $ chcp.com 65001
> Active code page: 65001
> - Alt 148 outputs nothing
> - Alt 0246 outputs nothing
But that's true even in a bare cmd window. So it's hard to say what it
is SUPPOSED to do. I'm trying to debug bash, not cmd's alt- behavior.
I thought you were gaslighting me for a second, but upon testing this with a
pristine virtual machine, I see you are right.
The reason is that a new Windows install (and probably your environment) has
"Raster Fonts" set under "Defaults > Font > Font". Changing this to "Consolas"
or "Lucida Console" will allow proper behavior under 65001.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple