This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.3-3
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 17:56:48 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.3-3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20170731211327.GG18950@calimero.vinschen.de>
On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 23:13:27, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Ahhhhh, no, no, no. I found the problem. When using CP 65001 on
pre-W10, you *must not* use the ANSI functions PeekConsoleInputA and
ReadConsoleInputA, but select() was still using them as it did so for
Now using the UNICODE functions PeekConsoleInputW and ReadConsoleInputW,
select is doing the right thing even with CP 65001.
YOU DID IT. As I reported here:
this has actually been a problem since libreadline7-7.0.1 (Dec 2016):
with libreadline7-6.3.8 being the last working version until now.
THANK YOU CORINNA.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple