This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
virt-manager + lxqt-openssh-askpass missing link.
- From: Nona Suomy <nonasuomy at live dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 18:13:24 +0000
- Subject: virt-manager + lxqt-openssh-askpass missing link.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=live.com;
- References: <DM5PR19MB0025A253CE4CFBB9E762D18FD0B30@DM5PR19MB0025.namprd19.prod.outlook.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
I was trying to get virt-manager working with askpass, instead of using virt-manager --no-fork, found that virt-manager is looking for askpass under /usr/sbin/ssh-askpass.
I system linked it: ln -s /bin/lxqt-openssh-askpass /usr/sbin/ssh-askpass
Which then worked and you get the appropriate password prompt for your remote hypervisor.
Ideally lxqt-openssh-askpass should be a dependency as well, otherwise, unless you know to use --no-fork in the terminal there would not be a way to log in and list remote hypervisors.
You would just get the error message about ssh-askpass missing.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple