This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Cygwin-X icons not appearing after Cygwin 64 bit install w/X selected as "install"
- From: "Cowan, Brian R" <Brian_Cowan at student dot uml dot edu>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 22:11:21 +0000
- Subject: Cygwin-X icons not appearing after Cygwin 64 bit install w/X selected as "install"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Brian_Cowan at student dot uml dot edu;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
I'm reinstalling Cygwin after wiping my system and am finding that the inst= all doesn't create any icons for the X server/apps. A little annoying since= this is the primary reason I'm installing Cygwin.
Setup version: 2.881 64-bit
Windows: 10 Home. Spring(?) creator's update (Version 1703)
I can start X by opening a Cygwin64 shell, and then running "startxwin," an= d that works for most of my needs. However this seems a strange behavior.
Is there a setup log I can look at to see if it's even trying to create the= icons? I have Windows 7 hosts, admittedly installed with older installers,= that have icons for Cygwin-X.
I selected "install" for XWindows, so pretty much everything X is installed= save the desktops, and perhaps some of those.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple