This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
AW: when using cygwin version 2.8.2 the behavior of CR/LF changed completely compared to previous versions
- From: Roger Krebs <Roger dot Krebs at stage-entertainment dot com>
- To: David Macek <david dot macek dot 0 at gmail dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 12:47:02 +0000
- Subject: AW: when using cygwin version 2.8.2 the behavior of CR/LF changed completely compared to previous versions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Roger dot Krebs at stage-entertainment dot com;
- References: <DB6PR0601MB20851310E2DD3EF70CEF38B5BAB00@DB6PR0601MB2085.eurprd06.prod.outlook.com> <email@example.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
I've seen that there were some changes regarding CR/LLF in sed and cygcheck, but I havn't recognized that several other tool has also changed their behavior in the past. We haven't done an update for a longer period of time (why update when anything runs well) and therefor now we've been faced with several similar changes in the behavior of different tools. That's the reason why we've thought that this must be something general.
Many thanks to bring me into the right context. We've made some smaller changes in our scripts and everything seems to work fine now.
Again many thanks for the very quick and helpful response.
Von: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] Im Auftrag von David Macek
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 2. August 2017 17:46
Betreff: Re: when using cygwin version 2.8.2 the behavior of CR/LF changed completely compared to previous versions
On 2. 8. 2017 17:34, Roger Krebs wrote:
> after updating from version 1.7.33 to version 2.8.2 the behavior of CR-LF handling completely changed. This results in several srcipt errors etc.
* <https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2017-02/msg00036.html> for sed
* <https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2017-02/msg00035.html> for grep
* <https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2017-02/msg00034.html> for gawk
There was also a discussion about these changes at <https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-06/msg00040.html>.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple