This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Quilt: Unsupported version of git (2.13.2)
- From: Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 17:43:41 +0300
- Subject: Re: Quilt: Unsupported version of git (2.13.2)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 2017-08-03, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:
> bash# guilt list
> Unsupported version of git (2.13.2)
> bash# cygcheck.exe -c -d | grep git'\|'guilt
> 37:git 2.13.2-2
> 42:guilt 0.35-2
I tried to work with quilt (sorry for typo in subject). So far I have no any
blocking issue with this package.
The only annoying thing is necessity to add files before starting to make
changes. Guilt shouldn't have such issue. At lease Mercurial Queue understands
what is changed in working set despite series of already applied patches.
Sometime it is possible to avoid "quilt add" by importing patch:
$ git diff >.diff
$ quilt import -P fix.patch .diff
$ rm .diff
$ git reset
$ quilt push
In Guilt I expect it would be a single command (or two "new" and "refresh").
QUILT_DIFF_ARGS="--color=auto -p ab"
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple