This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
gawk 4.1.4: CR separate char for CRLF files
- From: "Jannick" <thirdedition at gmx dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 01:15:08 +0200
- Subject: gawk 4.1.4: CR separate char for CRLF files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
the current version 4.1.4 of gawk appears to unpleasantly treat CR for CRLF
files, i.e. CR is not gracefully swallowed, but is a separate character.
This makes some, if not all, of the scripts we are working with here
useless, unless the input files are converted to LF which certainly is not
feasible. IIRC the issue did not show up some versions back.
Is this a bug - or am I missing something here?
J. - living on Win10
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple