This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Aliases - I learned something new
- From: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 11:00:00 -0400
- Subject: Aliases - I learned something new
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
In the research for my responses to the alias issue I learned something
I didn't know. Not a big deal but I thought I would share.
If the value of an alias ends in a space the word following the issuance
of the alias command is also checked for alias expansion. Example:
$ alias t1='echo abc'
$ alias t2='dev'
$ t1 t2
$ alias t1='echo abc '
$ t1 t2
P.S. I love learning new things, it just proves my wife's assumption
that I don't know everything. ;p
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple