This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Aw: Re: Strange errors with gcc and top, even after rebaseall
- From: nobodyO at web dot de
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 23:51:52 +0200
- Subject: Aw: Re: Strange errors with gcc and top, even after rebaseall
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <trinity-28ebbc2f-8902-45b1-aebd-ea52cc253f3b-1503524348648@3c-app-webde-bap32> <email@example.com> <trinity-8fb62eb2-5a08-4f3e-99c6-34baa3379f86-1503559000977@3c-app-webde-bap09> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <trinity-4b3f3381-770b-4c01-b7e1-d7b2d13fadf6-1503688015951@3c-app-webde-bs25> <877exqtfmn.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
- Sensitivity: Normal
> I guess I don't understand why you thoink you'd need two installations
> for two build environments.
I have installed one Cygwin installation package from department A, for
building software a, and another from department B and which has some
tools which were developed here, for building software b.
Gesendet: Samstag, 26. August 2017 um 17:15 Uhr
Von: "Achim Gratz" <Stromeko@nexgo.de>
Betreff: Re: Strange errors with gcc and top, even after rebaseall
> ok, then i need at work two 32bit versions, one for building software
> A and one for software B, and a 64bit version for working with Cygwin,
> e. g. locate, backups etc..
I guess I don't understand why you thoink you'd need two installations
for two build environments.
> For switching between the versions i use
> moving (renaming) the directories of the other versions and replacing
> them with junction points to the active version.
You do what?
> Is there a better way for switching?
Yes, how about not switching at all? As long as you keep the PATH clean
so that these installations don't see each other there is no problem
having multiple versions of Cygwin active on the same machine. If you
have daemons running then of course you need to set them up to use
different ports on each instance as well.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html[http://cygwin.com/problems.html]
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple[http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple]
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple