This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
How to specify the user directory OUTSIDE of Cygwin (installation folder)?
- From: "Ben Stover via cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Cygwin MailList" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 07:06:08 +0200
- Subject: How to specify the user directory OUTSIDE of Cygwin (installation folder)?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Reply-to: "Ben Stover" <bxstover at yahoo dot co dot uk>
By default the user folder of Cygwin (under Win7) is in a subdirectory
How can I put it into a separate directory OUTSIDE of Cygwin?
I installed Cygwin in
and want to put my (resp. all) home directories into
If possible I would like to specify my new home directory not as absolute but as relative path.
I would prefer a customization somwhow in "Cygwin.bat" like:
Mind the double dots standing for "go up one level".
How can I achieve this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple