This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: The bash console exits in 2.9.0
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2017 16:07:42 +0200
- Subject: Re: The bash console exits in 2.9.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <87tw0aivxb.fsf@Rainer.invalid>
On 10/09/2017 14:24, Achim Gratz wrote:
Nick Popoff writes:
Maybe, you are already aware of this problem introduced in 2.9.0. When I
say, for example:
The bash console just exits and 'less' stays running in memory until I kill
it. This behavior completely disrupted everything I was doing. The scripts
are with the same behavior seemingly when '&' is used to put the command in
background. Thanks God, I had backups and restored 2.8.2.
More specifically, this happens for programs started from a console
window (cmd), but not when the same commands are run in mintty (the
shell itself doesn't seem to have anything to do with it).
tested with cygwin.bat 32 and 64 on W7-64
The effect seems present only the first time that cygwin.bat is run;
the processes remains frozen but a second run seems to work fine.
So may be is a run issue on the first invocation.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple