This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
fail to compile last perl source under cygwin 2.9.0
- From: Denis Excoffier <cygwin at Denis-Excoffier dot org>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 23:44:03 +0200
- Subject: fail to compile last perl source under cygwin 2.9.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I tried to build perl-5.26.0 with GCC 7.2.0 (build from source with cygwin's GCC 5.4.0) and failed with the following error:
pp.c: In function 'Perl_pp_crypt':
pp.c:3743:43: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to incomplete type 'struct crypt_data'
(struct crypt_data *)safemalloc(sizeof(struct crypt_data));
Currently i cannot figure out whether this is crypt's or perl's fault. Any help appreciated.
When i was under cygwin 2.8.2, everything was ok.
If, under 2.9.0, i force "#undef HAS_CRYPT_R" in config.h, everything is ok.
I cannot say if it works with GCC 5.4.0, but i'm pretty sure that it doesn't.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple