This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Unable to use Cygwin RCS commands in Windows Emacs
- From: Heinz Werner Kramski-Grote <kramski at web dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 12:31:35 +0200
- Subject: Re: Unable to use Cygwin RCS commands in Windows Emacs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2609139.qye4Nty6R7@sandl> <5294846.P7PobnLGkX@sandl> <CADX9Ks9hBmF_nb3zCM2HCPhty7aLnvb+8208b8Z_NAowY_x46g@mail.gmail.com>
On Freitag, 22. September 2017 04:26:47 CEST David Standish wrote:
> I managed to get windows emacs to work with cygwin rcs.
> Apart from rcs.exe, the other rcs commands are shell scripts that
> invoke rcs.exe.
> Create a modified version of vc-rcs.el
> replacing the various vc-do-command's with alternate ones that use
> rcs.exe directly,
> For example:
> (apply 'vc-do-command "*vc*" 0 "ci" file
> (apply 'vc-do-command "*vc*" 0 "rcs" file "ci"
Thanks, David, that works great!
My earlier attempt
(apply 'vc-do-command "*vc*" 0 "rcs" "ci " file
failed, but I should have done a "Describe-function: vc-do-command" first...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple