This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: chere install problem
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at conduent dot com>
- To: "Gluszczak, Glenn" <Glenn dot Gluszczak at dell dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:37:19 +0000
- Subject: RE: chere install problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=Kenneth dot Nellis at conduent dot com;
- References: <91DCAC3CB99C724EB365BB64677FBE7B1EFB1A21@MX204CL04.corp.emc.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
From: Gluszczak, Glenn
> "Hive not writable" sounds like permission for a registry key.
> Mind you, Cygwin unloads the registry on a filesystem.
Thanx for the response. Digging deeper into Google, it turns out that
I needed to launch mintty "as administrator". Never had to do that in
Win7. Not sure if this is a Win10 thing or something I can blame on
our IT department.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple