This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Segmentation fault with binutils 2.28.1
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 04:49:58 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Segmentation fault with binutils 2.28.1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 3 Oct 2017 07:48:51, Marco Atzeri wrote:
I assume it is one of the reason why the compiler and binutils
you are using are still in test and not current
Notice carefully that I did not saying anything about GCC 6.3.0 in this thread.
Also notice that you are incorrectly assuming that I am using GCC 6.3.0. The
binutils in question does not work with either 5.4.0 nor 6.3.0.
As you shifted the target from g++ to binutils
I did this because binutils is the problem, not GCC:
do you have evidence that 2.29 will solve the issue ?
It seems that both 2.28 and 2.29 both work, so instead of trying to
troubleshoot we should probably just build a newer version and release that as
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple