This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gdb 7.11.1-2 started within emacs fails
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "Rockefeller, Harry" <Harry dot Rockefeller at flightsafety dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 20:44:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: gdb 7.11.1-2 started within emacs fails
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 27/09/2016 21:15, Ken Brown wrote:
On 9/27/2016 2:47 PM, Rockefeller, Harry wrote:
Using program foo:
e = 1.0
$ /usr/bin/gfortran -g foo.f -o foo
Emacs version info: GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (i686-pc-cygwin, GTK+ Version
3.18.9) of 2016-09-17
Inside emacs I ran M-x gud-gdb and got
... GNU gdb (GDB) (Cygwin 7.11.1-2) 7.11.1 ...
(gdb) b 1
Breakpoint 1 at 0x4011d6: file foo.f, line 1.
Starting program: /cygdrive/c/Users/harryr/foo.exe
[New Thread 6296.0x22ac]
[New Thread 6296.0x24d4]
readline: readline_callback_read_char() called with no handler!
Debugger aborted (core dumped)
Foo written in C++ also fails with the same message.
Running gdb foo in bash gives the expected result:
gdb stops at first executable line prompting for next gdb command.
I can confirm that this happens also with gdb-7.11.1-1 but not
gdb-7.10.1-1. (I tested on x86_64, since gdb-7.10.1-1 is broken on x86.)
It also fails with M-x gdb instead of M-x gud-gdb, but with a different
Failed to resume program execution (ContinueDebugEvent failed, error 87)
These problem seem not longer occur due to upstream changes in gdb 7.12.
I've uploaded a gdb 7.12.1-1 test package.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple