This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: ERROR: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated
Here's what I just did:
1. created new local administrator account
2. ran mkpasswd -l > /etc/passwd
3. removed all instances of server name in /etc/passwd (ie. MYSERVERNAME+)
4. remotely connected successfully
5. successfully ran schtasks, it listed all jobs configured
I just retried with the other user, where I connect specifying a shared key and got the error message.
For good measure, I changed the password on the problematic user, connected directly without the key and provided the password. I then ran schtasks and it ran fine. It listed all the jobs configured.
It would seem that our issue is related to connecting over SSH using a shared key.
From: Gluszczak, Glenn [mailto:Glenn.Gluszczak@dell.com]
Sent: October-17-17 11:08 AM
To: Fournier, Danny G
Subject: RE: ERROR: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated
Does ssh with Administrator and running schtasks fail as well?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple