This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Which is it -pc- or -unknown-
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 15:47:52 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Which is it -pc- or -unknown-
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 15:53:28, cyg Simple wrote:
I appreciate what Yaakov does but I bet these are not built in native
Cygwin mode so a host must be supplied. In native mode the default is
typically used and currently it doesn't match the expected host environment.
Really this discussion boils down to a single question:
What does not patching this break?
Currently the answer is nothing, per my previous post:
so the onus is not on Yaakov or whoever, the onus is on you to answer that
question. Until then, you are breathing air that is not cold.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple