This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Which is it -pc- or -unknown-
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2017 12:26:21 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Which is it -pc- or -unknown-
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 13:29:43, cyg Simple wrote:
Changing the default does improve the speed of configure because
configure no longer needs to execute GCC to figure out where the build
files are. Yes the time saved is small but time is expensive so any
saving is a big deal, especially with such a small change.
I would argue that the difference you are talking about is less than 5 seconds.
Which in a build like FFmpeg or similar, is statistically 0.
So perhaps you have some data to show a non-trivial amount of time saved that
would make this worth it?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple