This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin alongside WSL
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 10:01:54 -0600
- Subject: Re: Cygwin alongside WSL
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <583VJwmlE8176S02.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2017-10-23 06:38, KARL BOTTS wrote:
> Does anybody have any concrete experience using Windows Subsystem for Linux
> (hence WSL) on the same machine, alongside Cygwin?
Yes, I have used Bash on Ubuntu on Windows/WSL/lxss and found cmd console
useless, so I installed wsltty from github, and I just finished replacing my
wsltty install, using standard Cygwin 64 mintty, with wslbridge installed into
/usr/local/bin/, and adjustments to the WSL shortcuts to use those paths, with
the Ubuntu Circle of Friends bash.ico, in a Ubuntu Start Menu folder, manually.
I'm looking to convert the wsltty install scripts with Cygwin scripts.
I use a lot of native Windows GUIs instead of Cygwin/X apps for responsiveness,
as my system is from 2010.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple