This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Proper way to run emacs from desktop
- From: David Karr <davidmichaelkarr at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 10:08:36 -0700
- Subject: Proper way to run emacs from desktop
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I install Cygwin every couple of years and then use it continuously
without updates between those installations. I installed it on a new
laptop today, and I'm trying to work through issues.
The current issue is running Emacs from the desktop.
I had a shortcut working for a long time that does the following:
C:\cygwin64\bin\run2.exe --display 127.0.0.1:0.0 /usr/local/bin/emacs.xml
The "run2" application doesn't appear to exist. I checked my notes,
and I can't tell whether I installed this from somewhere else the last
time I did this.
I tried changing "run2" to "run". This didn't fail. It also didn't do anything.
What should I do here?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple