This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Proper way to run emacs from desktop
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 15:57:53 -0400
- Subject: Re: Proper way to run emacs from desktop
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAA5t8VqVnXWXXbvdZ8=mbpxS6CLj_VxzbFswXgZwx0kH882YRw@mail.gmail.com>
On 11/1/2017 1:08 PM, David Karr wrote:
I install Cygwin every couple of years and then use it continuously
without updates between those installations. I installed it on a new
laptop today, and I'm trying to work through issues.
The current issue is running Emacs from the desktop.
I had a shortcut working for a long time that does the following:
C:\cygwin64\bin\run2.exe --display 127.0.0.1:0.0 /usr/local/bin/emacs.xml
The "run2" application doesn't appear to exist. I checked my notes,
and I can't tell whether I installed this from somewhere else the last
time I did this.
Just install the run2 package. It's still available.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple