This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Solution to terrible performance in Cygwin under VPN
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Chuck Wilde <Chuck dot Wilde at neotech dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 13:16:46 +0300
- Subject: Re: Solution to terrible performance in Cygwin under VPN
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp3p.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <B9517794CB1E0B428319339D9E234C0F099ADC0D@NEO1EX-MB1.neotech.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Chuck Wilde!
> We did some debugging, and we eventually traced the problem down to using
> Cygwin downloaded by (domain)oncorems.com after our userid was updated
> to (domain)neotech.com.
> Something must be cached somewhere, and the discrepancy between the domains
> slows down commands tremendously. We following the steps for Uninstalling
> Cygwin from Windows, reinstalled it as (domain)neotech.com, and now our
> performance is back to what it was before.
Another possible solution is to install and configure the cygserver.
It will aid in credentials caching from various domains as long as the
authority servers are accessible.
With best regards,
Thursday, November 2, 2017 13:13:32
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple