This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem running the latest python2-2.7.14-1 under AppVeyor
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Vadim Zeitlin <vz-cygwin at zeitlins dot org>
- Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 15:26:27 +0000
- Subject: Re: Problem running the latest python2-2.7.14-1 under AppVeyor
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <E1eAdDq-0000ECemail@example.com>
On 03/11/2017 14:45, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
Our build has started on AppVeyor, a continuous integration provider,
started failing since a couple of days as a makefile command running a
Python script started failing with exit code 127 without any more
information. This is a strange situation as I can't reproduce the problem
locally, but something definitely seems to be wrong with this package on
the AppVeyor machine as Python just doesn't seem to be executable, e.g. the
output of these commands in our batch file driving the build:
Perhaps you need to provide the -g (--upgrade-also) flag to cygwin's setup.
Due to setup terribleness, without this flag, it will install the
requested packages, and any missing dependencies of them, but not
upgrade any of the dependencies which are already installed to the
current (and perhaps needed) version...
See also .
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple