This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mintty Crash on Exit after SSH on Windows 10
- From: Rick Maus <cygwin at mausit dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 13:02:28 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: Mintty Crash on Exit after SSH on Windows 10
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAARkvKRkbruuFyfOJd1qQvFT52oZSSGMKJczr6JtgokrWCHNg@mail.gmail.com> <CAAARkvJtysj_s-N848_HznfO2N+iWP5bAntjOznbNq4mggmCbA@mail.gmail.com> <CAAARkvL5YkBrjRDBfbOAdPiAfW5M1+DJnqsCQX+hBf9UVjcZ9w@mail.gmail.com> <CAAARkvLSMOfThqGpiniYP_5wnc5mBLDeCua6da2skREKhGwGjw@mail.gmail.com> <CAAARkvL38n1yJi=HzVryOSt=ybb7hNT71miahswT_FLAjAwcJw@mail.gmail.com>
I am experiencing a similar situation on a recently reimaged Windows 10
computer in a large corporate environment, namely:
* Either typing "exit" or clicking the Windows close [X] button from a
Cygwin bash terminal (mintty under the hood) results in the process hanging
with it either eventually closing after a few minutes (or) Windows
indicating the process is not responding and offering to terminate it.
* Moving my home directory out of the way and recreating a basic home
directory did NOT work around the situation for me which is different than
the experience Bryan Tong described.
I have noticed that our organization is intentionally slower to roll out
Windows updates to our environment, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for
that situation. If anyone wants a thread dump to investigate, please feel
free to reach out.
Sent from: http://cygwin.1069669.n5.nabble.com/Cygwin-list-f3.html
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple