This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: WG: RPC clnt_create() adress already in use
- From: Mark Geisert <mark at maxrnd dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 13:54:41 -0800
- Subject: Re: WG: RPC clnt_create() adress already in use
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <59D90AF8D70E9740907BACDE2BCB52083663B2F2@RESW102.resdom01.local> <email@example.com> <59D90AF8D70E9740907BACDE2BCB520836B79134@RESW102.resdom01.local>
(3rd attempt at sending this)
PAULUS, Raimund, TI-ABN wrote:
is there any news with respect to libtirpc? Very important: I need it in Cygwin 2.5.1.
I neglected to report what I found; sorry for that. The difference(s) between
the vanilla libtirpc 1.0.1 that you downloaded and the one supplied by Cygwin
are due to the patches applied as part of the Cygwin build. If you have the
Cygwin package's source downloaded and unpacked with 'cygport prep' you can find
these patches in /usr/src/libtirpc-1.0.1-1.src.
I noticed one of the patches is a security fix. I suspect one or more of these
patches are causing the difficulty you're having but I don't know enough about
RPC in general to set up a test environment and can't devote time to digging
further. This is as far as I can go. Apologies again for not stating this.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple