This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
wcwidth / Unicode inconsistent
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 20:56:17 +0100
- Subject: wcwidth / Unicode inconsistent
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
May I kindly remind of https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-07/msg00366.html,
for which my patch proposal is still pending on the newlib mailing list?
While it's not as urgent anymore for mintty, where I've introduced a
native width option meanwhile (Charwidth, corresponding to xterm
-mk_width), it's not the best way to tune character width as it makes it
inconsistent with wcwidth; also other applications might benefit from
the option to update wcwidth seamlessly with each Unicode version.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple