This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to handle changed user ID
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2017 21:08:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: How to handle changed user ID
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
Thomas Wolff writes:
> Is there a canonical solution to this problem, other than running chown
> -R $USER ~ ?
Be careful with any recursive option, it can descend into paths you
really don't want it to go. If what you need to do is any more
difficult than just taking ownership using the new SID, I can recommend
a program called "subinacl", it's a download from Microsoft.
> Can the new user be forced to use the previous user ID?
Not that I know of, no. A SID will never be reused.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf rackAttack:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple