This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fork fails after nmap with hint address in an unmapped memory region
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Stéphane Mbape <smbape at yahoo dot fr>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2017 18:48:19 +0300
- Subject: Re: fork fails after nmap with hint address in an unmapped memory region
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp2p.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Stéphane Mbape!
> While embeding luajit in a c program, I found myself unable to fork
> Investigations prove that it was related to nmap.
> To be accurate, calling nmap with hint address in a unmapped memory
> region will cause all forks to fail with
> "fixup_mmaps_after_fork: ReadProcessMemory failed for MAP_PRIVATE
> address 0x6FFFFFE0000, Win32 error 299"
> There is a sample code below.
You forgot to mention Cygwin version you're using, and please provide the
sample as an attach to save people the copy-pasting issues.
With best regards,
Saturday, December 9, 2017 18:47:12
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple