This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Norton antivirus detects a threat in setup-x86_64.exe
- From: Lee <ler762 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 16:01:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: Norton antivirus detects a threat in setup-x86_64.exe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPGnsNZkLFaZYDUU-Ji6vDL1_LwzZBQ6QkQQg_UTvwn3pc9b=Q@mail.gmail.com>
On 12/20/17, Greg Taylor wrote:
> On 12/20/17 @ 12;20pm PST I downloaded the most recent version of
> setup-x86_64.exe which was flagged as a threat by Norton Antivirus.
What does https://www.virustotal.com say about the file? (I get 0/67
- all clean)
You can also download https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe.sig
& do gpg --verify setup-x86_64.exe.sig
hopefully you get something along the lines of
gpg: Signature made Mon, Dec 11, 2017 1:36:32 PM EST
gpg: using DSA key 0xA9A262FF676041BA
gpg: Good signature from "Cygwin <email@example.com>"
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple