This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Norton antivirus detects a threat in setup-x86_64.exe
- From: Sean Murphy <s dot pat dot murph at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 16:44:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: Norton antivirus detects a threat in setup-x86_64.exe
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPGnsNZkLFaZYDUU-Ji6vDL1_LwzZBQ6QkQQg_UTvwn3pc9b=Q@mail.gmail.com>
On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Greg Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 12/20/17 @ 12;20pm PST I downloaded the most recent version of
> setup-x86_64.exe which was flagged as a threat by Norton Antivirus.
It means Norton's heuristics jump the gun about Cygwin's setup. I
encountered this quite a few times in the past before I stopped using
You have to go into Norton's settings and whitelist it as a trusted application.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple