This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] fdk-aac 0.1.5-2
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 18:07:15 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] fdk-aac 0.1.5-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 18:56:12, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
What need do you specifically have for static libraries?
its not a need - its a preference - i prefer static builds - the count of
programs i regularly build is small, so the redundancy doesnt hurt my use case.
also if I am to share my builds with others it makes for a smoother process - as
you can end up with a single exe. notice carefully that many projects offer
static and shared builds, here is one example:
if you choose to keep doing only shared builds it wont kill me, but it is an
annoyance because its that many more libraries i need to build, when I could
just download and link an already built static library - also notice carefully
that these type packages have some inconsistency - whereas the ones i listed
previously do not have static library - these here do:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple