This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Missing Message-Id header on forwarded email
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at sourceware dot org>
- To: overseers at sourceware dot org, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 00:53:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: Missing Message-Id header on forwarded email
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 cgf.cx D122D40104
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 12:22:35PM -0500, cyg Simple wrote:
>The firstname.lastname@example.org list forwards email to the
>email@example.com list. That email is missing the Message-Id header.
>My email provider, gmail.com, adds the header with a suffix indicating
>that it was added by the provider.
Should be fixed now but the message-id for cygwin will be different than
the one for cygwin-announce. They shouldn't be the same because they
aren't exactly the same message. And, the archiving software archives
based on message-id.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple