Re: Question regarding cygwin setup.

Greetings, Amit Choudhary!

> Hi,

> I have noticed that if cygwin setup is running and it is installing
> something then if the network connection goes away, then cygwin setup just
> goes back to 0% and starts all over again after network comes back (I have
> to start it again).

> So, if cygwin setup had completed 90% of installation and then network goes
> away then it goes back to 0%. So, all the bandwidth used for 90%
> installation went to waste and also the time to go till 90% installation
> went to waste.

That's not true.
All already downloaded packages will not be downloaded again.

> Is it possible that cygwin setup gets stuck on network rather than going
> back to 0% and start again when network connection comes back (Obviously
> cygwin setup should not be aborted in between).

Everything is possible. The question is, who would implement it? Are you volunteering?

> Normally, TCP connections stay alive for 2 hours before reset, so I guess
> cygwin setup can just block on the TCP socket / connection rather than
> going back to 0%.

Normally, any sane application will terminate socket way before that.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...