This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: flex package POSIX violation
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 22:44:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: flex package POSIX violation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 31/12/2017 22:13, Steven Penny wrote:
The POSIX standard, at least since 1997 , requires the presence of a
Most systems (including Cygwin) provide a Lex implementation via the "flex"
package. However with other OS, a "lex -> flex" symlink is provided,
Cygwin package does not.
Please resolve this, thanks.
Flex is NOT 100% Posix compliant.
See Info on
20 Incompatibilities with Lex and Posix
as upstream does not provide the link "lex -> flex"
I am reluctant to do differently.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple