This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: flex package POSIX violation
- From: Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 17:47:11 -0500
- Subject: Re: flex package POSIX violation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On 31 December 2017 at 16:13, Steven Penny <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The POSIX standard, at least since 1997 , requires the presence of a
> Most systems (including Cygwin) provide a Lex implementation via the "flex"
> package. However with other OS, a "lex -> flex" symlink is provided, whereas
> Cygwin package does not.
> Please resolve this, thanks.
How POSIX compliant is Cygwin supposed to be? I don't think many of
the tools are 100% POSIX compliant but are good enough so does making
the symlink between flex and lex make it more compliant or less so
because the tool doesn't meet 100% compliance?
Stephen J Smoogen.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple