This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Grep can't match characters before EOL marker without ^M
- From: David Karr <davidmichaelkarr at gmail dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 09:31:10 -0800
- Subject: Grep can't match characters before EOL marker without ^M
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
My cygwin version appears to be "2.9.0(0.318/5/3)".
If I have a text file that has a line that ends with "abc", and I try
to grep for "abc$", it doesn't match. I find that it does match "$"
I've read some of the documentation about line endings in Cygwin.
I need to write some scripting that works on both Cygwin and Linux.
What do I need to do here?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple