This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
ESC followed by UP-arrow cause bash shell to hang
- From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert at alum dot mit dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 17:49:08 -0700
- Subject: ESC followed by UP-arrow cause bash shell to hang
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I do a lot of command recall on the command line (xterm running on
Xorg server in Cygwin). One of the most common things I do is type
the UP-arrow once, then ESC-backspace to get rid of the last word on
the line, so I can change it to something else. Occasionally I type
these two keys out-of-order, ESC followed by UP-arrow. This seems to
lock up the bash shell for about 30 seconds before control returns.
What's going on here? Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there
a way to prevent this, other than being a better typist?
Jim Reisert AD1C, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, http://www.ad1c.us
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple