This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Startkde issue
- From: Nero Wolfe Band <hveneticus2 at gmail dot com>
- To: Robert McBroom <mcforum at bellsouth dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 15:50:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: Startkde issue
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAPuvrC9zsUQgOzk3zzExhmG5qDe0JZXeVbWs82LSrW-dHhW09g@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
Thanks for the answer.
I tried it and it works. But kde desktop is unusable: I can see only a
2018-01-09 6:49 GMT+01:00 Robert McBroom <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> On 01/05/2018 07:01 AM, Nero Wolfe Band wrote:
>> Hello everyone.
>> I can't understand why startkde doesn't work in my pc.
>> My PC is a W7 64bit
>> I launch Cygwin Terminal (D:\..\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -)
>> I launch "startkde" but kde can't start. I get the error "$DISPLAY is not
>> set or cannot connect to the X server."
>> Issue seems to be in kcheckrunning command in the /usr/bin/startkde
>> I try to run it standalone and it gives always RC=2, even without any
>> xserver running!
>> Anyway, xfce (startxfce4) works greatly and launching a kde app in it
>> (i.e.: kwrite), works correctly.
>> I can't find anything useful in the web.
>> Any idea?
>> If you issue a startxwin command in terminal and then start a new
> terminal from the X application menu icon on the start bar $DISPLAY will be
> set and an X server.
...gli occhi mi fanno pupi pupi...
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens."
("Contro la stupidità neanche gli dei possono nulla.")
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple