This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Request new less release
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2018 08:44:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: Request new less release
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
please start a new thread, not reply to your message with different
On 20/01/2018 14:21, Steven Penny wrote:
Please release new Cygwin less. Current version is 487 (Oct 2016), and
then 3 versions  have dropped:
- 520 (Sep 2017)
- 527 (Nov 2017)
- 529 (Nov 2017)
these versions are currently beta, but they fix an important bug 
less reads the configuration file.
Noted but until it is in beta I am not planning to release it.
The notes do not show anything critical
"less-527 has been released for BETA testing.
This version changes the new M command to take a mark letter, making it
similar to the m command, except the M command marks the bottom line on
the screen rather than top line. This version also adds a command ESC-m
to remove a mark, fixes a bug that caused an erroneous binary file
warning when viewing a UTF-8 file containing SGR sequences, and now
correctly handles the keypad Enter key."
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple