This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: xhost: unable to open display ""
- From: Mark Geisert <mark at maxrnd dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 16:57:21 -0800
- Subject: Re: xhost: unable to open display ""
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <4FA686B4-70CB-4A1D-880A-687B54B01CE3@contoso.com>
Waltz, James wrote:
I think that I have installed all the necessary packages, but I still get the above error, when I type “xhost +” on my local machine.
I am also still getting a “cannot open display: localhost:10.0” error.
This is DESPITE the fact that:
- I set DISPLAY to “localhost:10.0”
- X11Forwarding is set to “yes” in the sshd_config file
- I changed the “hosts” file, under /etc to have actual IP addresses.
Any idea why this might be happening?
Yes. Change that "10" to "0". So it's "localhost:0.0" or even ":0.0".
Should work much better.... :)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple