This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: missing file cyggc-1.dll
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 13:46:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: missing file cyggc-1.dll
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <vriud11v6orw.fsf@BLASTER-6000.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2018-01-27 13:16, U-BLASTER-6000\mtdew wrote:
> I ran into a small problem (for the gurus).
> I ran configure and the make. Make got hung with the following error.
> $ cygcheck /usr/bin/make.exe
> cygcheck: track_down: could not find cyggc-1.dll
> It appears that I have this installed in the package libgc-1 and
> libgc-devel. I am not sure why make cannot see this file. Is there a way
> so that I can trick it to find that library file?
Check that /bin/cyggc-1.dll exists, its permissions are a+rx, and chmod those
permissions if not, or reinstall package libgc-devel.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple