This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cyggc-1 make error
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 14:09:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: cyggc-1 make error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <vriupo5v81x4.fsf@BLASTER-6000.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2018-01-27 13:47, U-BLASTER-6000\mtdew wrote:
> I forgot and/or cutting and pasting helped me forget to include this part of the error message:
> c:/cygwin64/bin/make.exe error while loading shared libraries: cannot
> open shared object file. That is the error I first got that led me to
> run cygcheck in my last post.
> I wish I could cut and paste from the terminator into emacs. It is an
Try Motif/X copy, cut, and paste, which works at the Windows level (below the
app level, since Windows copied the Motif look and feel after the Apple suit),
also works in many Unix apps includeing X, and probably also Mac OS X, unless
they have been remapped in emacs:
copy - ctrl-Insert, cut - ctrl-Delete, paste - shift-Insert.
If you are running non-Cygwin X windows, you may need to install a clipboard
manager app depending on your choices - try apt search clipboard or equivalant
in your package manager.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple