This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <barry dot buchbinder at nih dot gov>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 01:31:25 +0000
- Subject: Setup request
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=barry dot buchbinder at nih dot gov;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
To keep up to date, every day when booting I automatically update Cygwin
with the following in a startup batch file.
setup -B -q -n -o -R <path> -l <path>
Even when nothing is updated, setup seems to rebase and run all the
This seems unnecessary. If that is correct, would it be possible to have
setup always skip rebase & zp_* when not packages are updated, or
at least have a command line option to skip rebase and running zp_*?
I'm not a developer, so I cannot contribute a patch. Sorry.
Thanks for considering this.
Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple