Re: How to start Cygwin from outside Cygwin and pass a command to execute?

On 2018-02-02 01:31, Ben via cygwin wrote:
> Assume my CgyWin (on a windows 7) is currently NOT started.
> Assume I want to call from Windows my CgyWin and pass a command to execute.
> Afterwards CygWin should automatically be closed again.
> How can I achieve this?

Cygwin is a DLL providing Unix/POSIX facilities over the underlying Windows OS,
a collection of DLLs providing services using those facilities, and programs
using those services and facilities, following the Unix model of the OS
supporting libraries, services, and drivers, and managing hardware resources.
Cygwin is started when you run any program using those libraries, services, or
facilities.
Add the Cygwin bin directory to PATH in your User environment and you can run
Cygwin programs from the Win-R Run dialogue, any Windows shortcut, Scheduled
Task, Windows console shell: using Windows style exe paths with Unix command
parameters and Unix style file paths; or Cygwin terminal and shell using Unix
style commands.
Some users use Cygwin from the cmd shell, some from Powershell, others from
mintty or other terminals with bash, dash, or another Cygwin shell.

So just run the command from wherever you want; depending on what you want to
happen with the output, you may need a shell to redirect output, or a console
terminal to display output.