This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gawk: regression with unary plus
- From: Houder <houder at xs4all dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 13:05:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: gawk: regression with unary plus
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 04 Feb 2018 14:59:30, Steven Penny wrote:
> Previously conversions could be triggered by either adding zero (+0), unary
> plus (+) or unary minus (-) :
> However now conversion only happens with adding zero and unary minus:
> Does anyone know where this change was mentioned or why it was done?
>  http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/utilities/awk.html
For those who are interested:
(Regression with unary plus, by Steven Penny)
As suggested by Stéphane Chazelas in his response, the change in behaviour is
problably not intentional.
Modifying (i.e. extend it) the '0p_unary_plus CASE' in interpret.h, restores
the previous behaviour.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple