This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim-8.0.1376-1: Possible bug with ruby extensions
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 11:26:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: vim-8.0.1376-1: Possible bug with ruby extensions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKrHFwkLF9EpZP+zrw=WRv_QZb3aptn7Cce4o9xDv7-RYBkEdA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2018-02-06 09:37, Ameya Vikram Singh wrote:
> Maintainers of the ViM/GViM text editor.
> I am noticing that currently with the latest build of ViM
> I am unable to use the command-t  plugin with this release.
> When invoking the functionality with the key combination: `\` + `t`
> I get the following error message on the ViM editor:
> command-t.vim requires Vim to be compiled with Ruby support
> For more information type: :help command-t
> When checking the vim feature from the bash terminal using:
> vim --version
> I do see in the output `+ruby/dyn`, which means that ruby support
> should be enabled.
> When checking for ruby compatibility with ViM using the following in
> command mode:
> :ruby puts RUBY_VERSION
> One gets the following error message:
> E448: Could not load library function rb_assoc_new
> E266: Sorry, this command is disabled, the Ruby library could not be loaded.
> Press ENTER or type command to continue
> I will try to rebuild the from the sources (vim-8.0.1376-1-src) and
> see if the error persists.
You need to install the ruby package to provide the dynamic library for support.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple