This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Problem with timeout command from bash
- From: Diego Pazos <DiegoP2 at VERIFONE dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:32:28 +0000
- Subject: Problem with timeout command from bash
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) smtp.mailfrom=DiegoP2 at VERIFONE dot com;
- Dlp-product: dlpe-windows
- Dlp-reaction: no-action
- Dlp-version: 10.0.260.4
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Whenever I try to run the timeout command from bash, it appears like it's being relayed to cmd.exe's internal timeout command.
Attempting to run "timeout 123 ls" from bash throws:
ERROR: Invalid syntax. Default option is not allowed more than '1' time(s).
Type "TIMEOUT /?" for usage.
Running the same command from the Cygwin command prompt works as expected.
Am I doing anything wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple