This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
question about running a linux-compat java prog under cygwin
- From: L A Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 16:48:37 -0800
- Subject: question about running a linux-compat java prog under cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Dunno much about java, so please try to not laugh too hard.
I'm wanting to run the MegaRAID Storage Manager GUI on windows
to manage a megaraid controller.
I run the GUI on linux to manage my server's controller -- that works
Maybe I'm overthinking things, but thought running a posix compat
java on windows might be most compatible. It may be entirely
unnecessary (?) and maybe I should just try to run a native
Java -- anyone know?
IF I run under cygwin, is there a java engine that runs under cygwin?
Or do people running on cygwin just use a windows native binary?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple